Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

B/C Appreciation Week Day IV


Does it count as cheesecake when they're unconscious?

Regardless, I really like this image. The ripped clothing's a bit gratuitous...(honestly, either it's made of unstable molecules and grew *with* her, or it didn't. In which case, it can't grow at all. No decorative ripping!)

That said, I think the image is oddly pretty. I have an odd appreciation of size-shifters that remain in scale when they grow. It creates such a lovely juxtaposition sometimes. Like here, with Hulkling against her hand. Or in the Avengers animated cartoon, when Hank collapses and Jarvis runs out worried and his height is the same as the width of Hank's forehead.

The image is like an old fairy story. The normal sized person surrounded by tiny magical people. Or Liliputians. Whatever.

I just like the image. :-) It's pretty!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At October 19, 2006 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've enjoyed this kalinara but one thing truly supprizes me. That you haven't posted any Kyle or Guy images. What gives?

     
  • At October 19, 2006 8:18 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Well. Both Ragnell and QL have posted Kyle images. Sally's got a Guy one. But I'll probably get to them myself too. :-)

    And I'll probably arrange all the links in one post so everyone can find them all and enjoy. :-)

     
  • At October 19, 2006 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dThanks and you just can't get enough of that avengerd toon can you?;)

     
  • At October 19, 2006 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe her clothes are made of the same fabric as Bruce Banner's pants -- designed specifically to allow for growth with decorative ripping.

     
  • At October 19, 2006 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What I like about the image is that she's drawn as if she's just asleep...her mouth open slightly like she's gently snoring...to continue the fairy tale idea, she's a giant-sized sleeping beauty...Cheung's clean art style doesn't hurt, either...

    As for her shorts not ripping, well, we must allow her some sense of modesty...;)

    anonymous: nope, but you're close...it's because the gamma radiation given off by changing to the Hulk alters the molecular structure of the pants making them almost industructible...do
    I win a no-prize, Stan? :)

     
  • At October 20, 2006 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny we both had giants on Thursday, especially given your "tiny magical people" comment and my guy's dialogue. You must be telepathically controlling me!!

    Here's my Friday contribution, B/CAW Part V or The Legion's 2 for 1 Coma-ploitation.

     
  • At October 20, 2006 4:20 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    green: I loves iiiit.

    anon: Heh. New and Improved Unstable Molecules...now available at your nearest Hot Topic.

    chuck: That's a good explanation. :-) And yeah. Pym Particles are good for that sort of thing. :-)

    ql: I've taken over your braaaaain!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home