Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Muppets?

This announcement that Marvel will be republishing Muppet Show comics has led me to this shameful confession.

I've never really understood the appeal of the Muppets.

I mean don't get me wrong, as a kid, I adored Sesame Street, so it's not like I have an aversion to Jim Henson or anything. (I also like Kermit, but mostly because I saw him on Sesame Street.) And Farscape is awesome.

But the Muppets themselves never appealed to me. I don't know why. Maybe it's something about the character designs. Also, I vaguely recall that as a really little Kalinara, Gonzo made me cry. I don't remember why, but I still hold a grudge.

But it's cool that they're republishing the comics. I just don't get 'em.

3 Comments:

  • At April 13, 2011 4:47 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    But...but I LOVE the Muppets! With four kids, I watched a LOT of Sesame Street of course, but the best of all was the Muppet Show.

    Damn I loved that show. Pigs in Space was fabulous.

    And they had such great stars. I'll never forget the time they had Gladys Knight on. She said she was Gladys Knight, and the old doorman said he was too...because he got overtime.

    HAW!

     
  • At April 14, 2011 12:00 AM, Blogger ARS said…

    Working on the Muppet Show would have been my dream job. I have been a puppeteer for 27 years. I love doing that and hearing the kids react. I once used my Kermit Puppet on a Mission Trip and did It's Not Easy Being Green. I stood beside the stage and had one of my Youth put him on me. I got to watch these little kids be transfixed by that puppet. It was cool.

    You show try and watch some of the old show, I was able to purchase the !st Season on DVD and it has stuff that was cut out of the American Version. You know the show was originally in Britain. I loved the Harry Belafonte Show as one of my favorites. Although I have so many I loved.

     
  • At April 14, 2011 11:12 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    *POINTS*

    HEATHEN!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home