Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, March 21, 2011

So, Belated Thoughts on the Wonder Woman costume

I just realized, I forgot to weigh in on my opinion of the Wonder Woman TV costume.

Honestly, I like it. Yeah, it looks a little stupid, but objectively speaking, Superman wears underwear on top of his spandex. So really, I don't think this costume is a whole lot worse. It's not nearly bat-nipple level. Or 90s Captain America fake ears level.

Besides, I'm just happy that they're not pulling a Smallville. A costume, even a less ideal one, means that they're not trying to downplay the superhero stuff. Superhero stuff is awesome, man.

I'm hoping she has some sort of cruise ship ep where she can wear the star studded bathingsuit though. :-)

7 Comments:

  • At March 22, 2011 12:18 PM, Blogger Jer said…

    My only actual complaint about the costume is that it's too shiny. It might turn out that the lighting on the show corrects for this and makes it a little less shiny, so this might go away once I actually get to see the show. But the still just has too much glare off the costume.

    Other than that it looks fine - in fact for a TV superhero costume it looks pretty good. I had been dreading the Smallville route where they would just put her in a red tank top and blue jeans and ignore the rest of the superhero stuff.

    This also makes me hopeful that we might see some costumed villains on the show - if she were just in a tank top and blue jeans I wouldn't expect to see a good version of Cheetah or Giganta or Dr. Poison show up, but now maybe.

     
  • At March 22, 2011 3:54 PM, Anonymous D said…

    Yeah, a bit too PVCish for my tastes.

    Funny that you mention the underwear on the outside. Sigel and Shuster based Superman's costume on unitards worn by circus performers. During the 30's, acrobats (and strongmen) had to wear what was called a modesty brief over their tights

     
  • At March 22, 2011 3:55 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Well...it IS better than a hoodie and sunglasses I suppose.

     
  • At March 22, 2011 9:05 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    Honestly, Diana being the one w/o a sekrit identity and stuff, I always so as the person who TV could do w/ her just showing up in America and saving the day in w/e clothes she's wearing and I wouldn't complain and I'd "buy" it xD Which isn't to say I dun want her in a costume in TV... I just realized I'd have no problem w/ it either way :3 I guess I don't feel as attached to the costume w/ Diana (and they keep changing it xD) to me Diana's iconic ness is Diana xD but that's me :)

     
  • At March 22, 2011 10:12 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    that should be *saw D:

     
  • At March 23, 2011 9:23 AM, Blogger Ununnilium said…

    Gotta agree on the shiny being the main problem. The belt-bit also looks a little chintzy. But hey, pants! Long pants!

     
  • At March 23, 2011 1:33 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I do think it looks a bit shiny, but I don't think that's necessarily going to be how it looks on set with the proper lighting.

    I'll totally mock the shininess if it stays that way though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home