Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Strange Reactions

Aw, apparently Brenda Starr is retiring (being retired?).

It's funny, I don't really have the attention span to follow storyline newspaper comics (I'm not much for following full storylines five panels at a time) so I've never really read much Brenda Starr.

At the same time, I feel oddly sentimental about the whole thing even though the most thought I've ever really devoted to the strip was "What's with the sparkles on her face and why doesn't anyone ever comment on that?"

Is that weird? It's almost like the end of an era or something. I'll miss seeing it in the newspaper. Maybe I should give reading it another shot.

1 Comments:

  • At December 15, 2010 7:18 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I haven't read this in years...mainly because my newspaper doesn't carry it...but when I was a kid, I devoured it! Granted, she was shallow and vain and incredibly narcissistic, but hey, it was still fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home