Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

D&D Ate My Post

I have no blog post today. I have no excuse, except for the fact that I was up late playing D&D with friends and my character may have* ended up molested by gnomes.

I still don't understand 4th Edition D&D rules entirely, but it's good to know that somethings never change.**

(* "may have" in this case can be read as "totally".)

(** Sadly, even with this little encounter, I am probably one of the luckier players in the group if you look at the awkward and/or appalling mishaps which end up happening to our characters.)

5 Comments:

  • At February 16, 2009 7:37 AM, Blogger notintheface said…

    Sorry, I couldn't resist linking to this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_hlWl1PKfo

     
  • At February 16, 2009 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Sadly, even with this little encounter, I am probably one of the luckier players in the group if you look at the awkward and/or appalling mishaps which end up happening to our characters."

    D&D is all about embarrassing the PCs, right? There used to be (and possibly still is) a game store called B.R. Snasis. I assumed it was the owner's name or somesuch, but one of the employees corrected me. It's short for what always happened to their D&D characters:

    Beaten, robbed, stripped naked and sold into slavery.

    Personally, I think you ought to do *more* D&D posts. Other people's campaigns always interest me.

     
  • At February 16, 2009 4:23 PM, Blogger Jer said…

    I am jealous because my group isn't going to get to have another session until March.

    D&D posts are always fun, so I agree with the "more D&D posts" suggestion above.

    And I'm just not a sadistic enough DM, I guess. Most of the awkward and/or appalling things that happen to my PCs happen after I've asked their players "are you sure that's what you want to do?" Sometimes four or even five times...

     
  • At February 17, 2009 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, but that's the beauty of it. Even after four or five increasingly unsubtle warnings, they still go ahead and do something idiotic and/or life-threatening. It's comedy gold, I tell you. :)

     
  • At February 18, 2009 6:46 PM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    I feel like Fred Savage's character in The Princess Bride: "Molested by gnomes is good."

    Seriously, more D&D stories!

    (And Rich, B.R. Snasis is *gold*!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home