Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Solicit Reactions!

Yay! The DC solicits are up!

Some random reactions in no particular order!

-ICE!!! ICE and GUY!!! He's gonna be so happy! And she's on the COVER! JOY!

--...where are their rings?

---Huh, you know, with all the talk about who might or might get Ion later, we might have missed the obvious solution: they all do. At least temporarily.

-Earth's "prime" Green Lanterns. Well, okay. I guess Guy and Kyle being space troubleshooters means that title's fair. Still, my inner Guy Gardner fan bristles. :-P

-Challengers of the Unknown go to Earth-25! Okay, not really. But it's still funny.

-Montoya and Batwoman both mentioned in Crime Bible solicit! That makes me happy.

-Whoa, something tells me this Booster Gold issue'll end in failure. Still, interesting timing with the whole Killing Joke kerfluffle a few weeks back. Neat to see them address it.

--I wonder how they WOULD go about keeping Birds of Prey if Barbara is never attacked. I guess there really isn't anything stopping her from becoming Oracle anyway, it'd be interesting to see how they'd set it up though.

---Rip's dark secret? He IS Ted Kord. Heh, probably not. But it'd be kind of funny, to me at least. :-)

--NEON THE UNKNOWN?!?! They're bringing back NEON THE UNKNOWN?!?! Okay, THIS I gotta see.

-Why is the Superman solicit referencing parenthood? I know I'm behind, but I didn't think I was THAT behind...

-I'm trying to be optimistic about Supergirl, but honestly, how many "new revelations" do we really need about Kara's past? How about Kara's present and future?

-Justice Society's neat enough. I still wish my favorite character would get more speaking lines. :-) JSA Classified actually looks interesting!

(Though is it just me or are the Classifieds almost always about Alan, Ted, or Michael with a dose of Dr. Mid-Nite for flavor. Don't get me wrong, I love those characters, but it's not like Alan or Ted aren't featured fairly heavily in the main series. And Michael's in TWO series. I'd like to see more characters that don't get lots of panel time get the extra stories...not that I have anyone in MIND...heh.

Oh well, at least it's not Starman. :-) Boy has that character worn out his welcome for me.)

-I'm liking Cassie's costume, but I'm always leery when they take teenaged characters and emphasize a "face from her past". WHAT past?! She's 17! On the other hand apparently Wonder Woman's fighting Captain Nazi, so that's all good. :-)

---

So as usual the solicits make me cheer, gripe, and whine about my long absent favorite character. :-) Looks like it'll be a good month!

Oh and for the record:

CAPTAIN AMERICA #33
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Pencils & Cover by STEVE EPTING
The Winter Soldier faces off against Iron Man!
The man at the top of Bucky's hitlist is finally in his grasp... but saying anything more than that will spoil all our surprises! Still, the final moments of this issue will stun fans just as much as the final moments of Captain America #25 did!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99


Okay, it's pretty obvious what *I* think is going to happen here (I've actually called it since the October solicit. :-P) So ready your "I told you so's" for if/when I'm proven wrong!

16 Comments:

  • At September 18, 2007 3:28 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    The Donner co-written comics added a new kid Kryptonian. I think Lois and Clark are planning to raise him or something...

     
  • At September 18, 2007 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was never clear on what happened with that kid--to the best of my knowledge, the storyline ended with, like, Zod and a bunch of phantom zone dudes in weird pods about to attack the Earth and then... it was just kind of never mentioned again.

    I always wondered if that storyline got continued in some comic I just don't read, or if they just dropped it, but it's made things very confusing for me, because they still keep bringing up the consarned kid, who I could pretty much live without.

     
  • At September 18, 2007 6:00 AM, Blogger elias A. said…

    I admit I was wrong about Batwoman being in Crime Bible. I hope we'll learn a bit more about her background then.

    And still no mention of Cassandra Cain in Underground... *sigh*
    Really looks like she will only appear on a few panels, like in WW3.

     
  • At September 18, 2007 6:42 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    Benificus, it got so delayed that they decided it's gonna be told in an Action Comics special or annual or whatever :|

    And they went onto the Bizzaro world story. :(

     
  • At September 18, 2007 7:29 AM, Blogger D.Bishop (aka Mr. Allison Blaire) said…

    :( I'm not liking the way Superman's holding Cyclone on the JSA cover.

    I wish Cassie's back up was Cissie King. I miss Cissie King.


    I'm hoping what it looks like the Cap issue is revealing, isn't what its revealing.

     
  • At September 18, 2007 7:33 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Tony Stark is getting assassinated? I guess that's one way to hype the character up ahead of the movie coming out...

     
  • At September 18, 2007 8:51 AM, Blogger Thomwade said…

    I notice the Death of the New Gods cover is going the route of Marvel Zombies.

     
  • At September 18, 2007 9:31 AM, Blogger Anthony Strand said…

    I see what you're saying about JSA Classified, but there are exceptions. That Injustice Society story towards the beginning of the series was great, and there was that wonderful Jakeem Thunder story a couple months ago.

     
  • At September 18, 2007 10:21 AM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    The Jakeem Thunder story was good? I hadn't heard anything about it, and decided my $2.99 was better kept to myself.

    And Chris Kent has been mentioned (and possibly seen, I forget) in Busiek's issues. He'll be a going concern after the Zod story.

     
  • At September 18, 2007 11:07 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Ice! Woohoo! It's about bloody time! Of course Guy HAS had his hands a bit full lately, so better late than never I suppose. December looks like it is going to be a wonderful month.

    And I really really want to see Bucky play tetherball with Tony Stark's head. Whether his body is still attached is up to the writer. (Does anybody still play tetherball anymore, or am I dating myself?)

     
  • At September 18, 2007 1:21 PM, Blogger Jaap said…

    Dating yourself? I rarely date myself, but I do have the occassional one night stand.

     
  • At September 18, 2007 2:26 PM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    Actually, if you're dating yourself, tetherball isn't such a bad activity...

     
  • At September 18, 2007 3:30 PM, Blogger Rob Rogers said…

    Guess I haven't been reading enough. What is it that you think is going to happen in the December Captain America. It wasn't obvious enough for me. Thanks.

     
  • At September 18, 2007 3:34 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I'm just superstitious enough not to say it outright.

    Let's just say, I believe that there are are two major plot lines that can adequately considered a "second arc" in a "death of..." storyline. (that is of course, if you believe the death was a planned storyline as opposed to a stunt, which I do. :-))

    Acceptance or the...obvious antidote to a death storyline, and between Fallen Son and all those other tie-ins, I figure they've milked it just long enough.

    It might be wishful thinking admittedly, we'll see in December. :-)

     
  • At September 18, 2007 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "--I wonder how they WOULD go about keeping Birds of Prey if Barbara is never attacked. I guess there really isn't anything stopping her from becoming Oracle anyway, it'd be interesting to see how they'd set it up though."

    Slips on a bar of soap in the shower, maybe? Or maybe she becomes friends with Jean Loring?

     
  • At September 18, 2007 10:18 PM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Easy solution to Booster Gold and Barbara dodging the bullet...

    "Oops. Wrong Earth!"

    Everyone's happy, except those that never wanted multiple Earths to begin with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home