Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Reminder to Myself

While straightening up the other day, I stumbled over some old Jack Chalker books (Flux and Anchor series, if you're curious) that I once stole from my dad.

This got me thinking.

Who's the weirdest author that you've read?

For me, it probably was Chalker.  I haven't read all of his books, and it's probably been fifteen years or so since I've read the ones I have.  It's possible that I'll see it differently as an adult.  As a kid, however, I mostly remember a LOT of really bizarre transformations.  Species, gender.  Really weird stuff.  Bizarre mind control.

It wasn't that the books were bad.  But they were definitely weird.

I should give them a try now...after I finish reading the Raksura books again.  Maybe.

4 Comments:

  • At August 17, 2014 12:54 AM, Blogger kiragecko said…

    Kurt Vonnegut (Jr). I can never figure out the POINT to his stories. Things happen, varying in strangeness, and then the book ends. And my papa thinks they're great.

     
  • At August 18, 2014 12:13 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I've never read much Vonnegut. I keep thinking I ought to though, as then I might have some idea of what folks are talking about. :-)

     
  • At August 18, 2014 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Christopher Pike <3

     
  • At August 29, 2014 4:02 PM, Blogger davelevine said…

    The only Jack Chalker books I've read are the first 5 Well World books. I liked them, read them twice, didn't think they were all that weird.

    Weirdest author that comes to mind is China Mieville. I'm thinking specifically of his Bas-Lag books that I have read (Perdido Street Station, The Scar, and the one about the train whose title I can't recall).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home