Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, July 29, 2011

As Personal Challenges Go...

Mine is working out pretty well. I've made it to book fourteen so far (I'm a reasonably fast reader when I can find time to sit and enjoy a book) and actually am still enjoying it. I remember liking the second set of nine books better than the first for some reason. (Though I still have a soft spot for Dor and his stupidly awesome power.) I've never been a spectacular judge of quality.

Well, actually, that's inaccurate. I AM a reasonable judge of when a book/tv show/movie is good or bad. It's just that my enjoyment of such things doesn't always correllate to quality. I AM enjoying the series still though. I like puns and gratuitous continuity.

Really, it's probably just because my favorite character gets introduced in book 12, and I'm always a little shallow for my favorites.

I'm thinking that after my stamina gives out for Xanth, I might move onto Discworld, because I've only read sporadic books in the series and always wanted to give it a try. (If you're curious, at the moment my favorite character is Carrot, though that might change once I've read more of the series.)

I'm interested in seeing how much humorous fantasy it will take to rot my brain.

3 Comments:

  • At July 30, 2011 8:18 AM, Blogger Matthew E said…

    Well, Discworld certainly won't rot your brain; quite the opposite. I sometimes like to argue that Terry Pratchett is the greatest author of the last hundred years, and sometimes I can even talk myself into believing it a little.

     
  • At July 30, 2011 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't Pratchett the only writer to ever have his entire body of work stay in print?

     
  • At August 01, 2011 10:30 AM, Anonymous rental mobil said…

    Very nice, thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home