Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bad Movies?

Are they still going to have a Thundercats movie? It just occurred to me that I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Granted, what I had heard was DREADFUL sounding, but sometimes you just need a dreadful movie.

Speaking of, I finally saw GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra, like I'd meant to ages ago. It was, indeed, endearingly dreadful. I didn't understand the suits at all. The acting was mid-range to terrible. (But Channing Tatum is indeed pretty, so there's that.)

It probably helped that I had only the vaguest memories of the 80s cartoon and never read the comics. So instead of having adaptation-rage, I could just enjoy the terribleness of the movie on its own merits. It's always nice to see Christopher Eccleston having fun with a role.

I gotta admit, I'm not really anticipating a sequel. :-)

3 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2011 4:06 PM, Blogger Mana G said…

    There's always the Jason Mamoa "Conan" to look forward to! I loved him Stargate: Atlantis, but I'm betting the movie itself is going to end up being AWFUL!

     
  • At June 23, 2011 5:03 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I dunno, it looks kind of awesome to me. Granted I have very bad taste, but when you're competing with Arnold, it's a low bar. :-)

     
  • At June 25, 2011 4:49 PM, Blogger Saranga said…

    I think the Conan movie will be a thing of (terrible, terrible) beauty.

    Well i'll like it anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home