Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thing that is awesome:

My Nook. My nook is awesome. Presumably Kindles and other e-readers are also awesome, but the one I have is a Nook. So that's the one I have imperical evidence is awesome. I was always one of those people who couldn't really see the point of having one. And to be fair, I still think that ultimately nothing compares to having a book in your hand.

But being able to carry like a hundred books in one little device so you can pick and choose when stuck for forty-some odd minutes in a waiting room? Is pretty awesome. I can shove whole series on this thing. It's also helpful in the sense that I still haven't moved a lot of my real books from my parents' house to my apartment. (I WILL at some point, I swear!)

What's also cool is the ability to switch font sizes. I haven't used it much, but my dad swears by this feature. Eyes get tired, forget reading glasses? No problem!

My favorite part is that it keeps your place automatically too. And you can put in additional bookmarks which almost makes up for the fact that it's a bit more tedious trying to reread a part if you think you missed something. But the whole never having to find a half-chewed up bookmark (...I totally chew bookmarks. It's disgusting, it really is) thing is pretty great for me.

So yeah. Nook = awesome. Not quite the same as a real book, but there are some good trade-off perks. I dig it!

4 Comments:

  • At April 16, 2011 4:42 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    You know whats cool about the Kindle (and possibly other e-readers)? Free books. Amazon sells the e-book versions of piles of classic literature for $0. I put "War & Peace", "Emma" and "Treasure Island" on mine so that I can finally get around to reading them...

     
  • At April 17, 2011 2:27 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    The Nook also has that too! Barnes and Noble has a pretty good sized collection of free ebooks to download. It's awesome!

    Hey, can you load files directly to the Kindle? Or do you have to email them over? I've been wondering about that.

     
  • At April 17, 2011 7:41 AM, Blogger Saranga said…

    With the kindle, you can upload them directly if you've got a little cable thing from your laptop to the kindle.
    When you buy books from amazon it's sent directly to the kindle.

    I think e-book readers are amazing. I love my kindle. Gone is the need to carry 5 books with me when I go away fro the weekend!

     
  • At April 18, 2011 12:54 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Oh that's good. I knew the Nook does that, but wasn't sure the Kindle did also. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home