Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Well, My Interest Is Waning

Okay, so if this really is the actual cast photo for X-Men First Class, my interest is waning quite a bit.

Mostly because of no Cyclops, I admit. Or at least, apparently no Cyclops. It never really feels like X-Men to me without Scott somewhere in the mix, especially something called "First Class". Though admittedly, this might not be the entire cast.

I like that Moira McTaggert is maybe in it, don't get me wrong. But the rest just seem like an odd choice. (Especially if that IS Havok, like they're conjecturing at Newsarama. Really? You'll forgo Scott, and show HAVOK? I LIKE Havok, but his best claim to fame is being the less awesome/even bigger asshole of the Summers brothers. (Gabriel doesn't count in terms of the "asshole Summers brother" contest because it's like sending an Olympic triathalon champion to a day care three-legged race.)

The way it's composited looks fake to me, but fuck if I know. I hope it is, because aside from Beast, there really isn't anyone in the line up that draws me in. And while Hank's awesome, it's still not enough.

I do like Emma's costume though, so there is that...

5 Comments:

  • At January 19, 2011 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's Beast? My daughter and I both guessed a very fluffy Nightcrawler.

     
  • At January 19, 2011 8:37 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Your guess is as good as mine! :-)

     
  • At January 19, 2011 9:24 AM, Blogger Diabolu Frank said…

    IMDb concurs with what you said here about the Scott-less cast. I'm so disinterested I keep forgetting this movie is being made, and that photo only helps elevate my receptiveness to "Snakes On A Plane" levels.

     
  • At January 19, 2011 3:06 PM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    Jeez, one of the big sins of X-3 was cutting Scott out of the cast too early and thinking Wolverine made up for him. They want to reboot the franchise without him at ALL? Idiots.

     
  • At January 22, 2011 12:32 PM, Anonymous Jennifer said…

    "(Gabriel doesn't count in terms of the "asshole Summers brother" contest because it's like sending an Olympic triathalon champion to a day care three-legged race.)"

    I just fell off my couch laughing. TRUTH.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home