Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Really, Smallville? Really?

Okay, I've given up on trying to understand Smallville folks. They're bringing in the JSA now?!

And Michael Shanks as Hawkman?! Really?! I mean, yeah, sure, it was kind of funny on Stargate when you had a clearly athletic fellow playing a supposedly spindly geek, but there's a difference between athletic and...well...Hawkman.

Daniel Jackson DID die a lot, to be fair.

Can he pull off the harness and mace look? That's what *I* really want to know.

(Sheesh, though, if you're gonna do the JSA...what about Alan and Jay?! Carter's entertaining, but we all know who the core members are!)

Also, no Sand. This does not surprise me, but I'm still sad. My poor overlooked favorite. *crying face*

5 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2009 5:46 AM, Blogger Saranga said…

    Oooh this excites me no end! I caved and bought the box set of season 8 yesterday, as I hate watching stuff online.

    C'mon, you KNOW I have a weak spot for Smallville! the key is not to expect to follow any sort of regular Superman continuity. bask in the angst and contrived plots of it all.

     
  • At October 23, 2009 1:48 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    Not sure I'd try to watch it -- I've never been a "Smallville" watcher, and I don't even have cable TV right now -- but it's pretty cool that they're gonna have Stargirl on the show.

     
  • At October 23, 2009 8:36 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    Maybe Alan and Jay are the guys whose code-names are tied to other big-screen licenses?

     
  • At October 23, 2009 8:48 PM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Actually, Jay did appear already. Well, it was the name on the fake ID that "Flash" carried on him.

     
  • At October 28, 2009 5:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Actually, Shanks did a decent job in Burn Notice. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home