Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shameless Filler Post

It's Wednesday night (or Thursday morning), I'm settling in to my new summer job (interning at Legal Aid), I'm swearing about the end of the Criminal Minds season finale and otherwise just too damn tired to actually post anything.

So instead, I'll offer up a question. If you could send any comic book character on a nice all-expense-paid vacation, who would it be, where would you send him/her, and for how long?

I suppose for me, I'd probably choose Steve Rogers. Okay, granted, he's dead. But if he DOES come back via Reborn, it'll be in the middle of all this Dark Reign stuff. So he'll basically go straight from "Bucky's alive but evil!" -> "Bucky's good but ran away" -> "WTF, Tony?! Seriously?!" -> "Oh look a bullet!" -> Death -> and then all this crap.

If anyone deserves a nice beach vacation somewhere for a week or two before jumping back into the fray, it's Steve. Besides, he'd probably end up stopping international smugglers and/or shark poachers in the process. Also. Eye-candy for me. Yay!

8 Comments:

  • At May 21, 2009 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm. Only one, right?

    I'd go with Guy Gardner, and a week long vacation to Memphis, TN. Guy just strikes me as a Cash fan more than Elvis, so a stop at Sun Records would be a must.

     
  • At May 21, 2009 9:11 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    More than one's fine too. I'm not picky. :-)

     
  • At May 21, 2009 12:13 PM, Anonymous Rich said…

    He's not quite as famous as Cap or Guy, but cripes, anybody who's ever read that first Samaritan story from Astro City ought to be voting for him. Talk about overworked.

     
  • At May 21, 2009 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about Aquaman to Arlit?

    Perhaps Hal Jordan would enjoy Ottumwa?

    Those are the most shameless answers I can come up with at the moment.

    -e

     
  • At May 21, 2009 5:19 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I think that Beatriz and Tora need a nice trip to Paris, so they can hang out, drink tiny cups of coffee, go shopping and gossip shamelessly. Let Wonder Woman, Dinah and maybe Peej join them, so that they can sit around and compare Justice League butts to Green Lantern butts, and see how they fare.

    Well...that's what I would do.

     
  • At May 21, 2009 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's set the dial to wacky!

    -Booster, Ted, and Jamie win a trip to Nome, Alaska. Fight Bigfoot, ski.

    -For some reason, I'm seeing Diana going to Greece and trash talking museum guides.

     
  • At May 22, 2009 4:21 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    Is it wrong that I'd force Batman to take a vacation, just to be a jerk? And to someplace like Disneyland no less? I would be endlessly entertained watching him slowly go insane there.

     
  • At May 23, 2009 4:09 AM, Blogger Derek said…

    Man, how has no one mentioned Daredevil?

    I don't even read his title and I know he has the roughest life in comics. Dude needs some time off.

    Just don't send him skiing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home