Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Silly Thought

I was watching NCIS again (well, I like my tv very comic booky, as I mentioned) and a weird thought occurred to me. The NCIS team has weird parallels to the batclan.

I mean, well, first there's the father figure who's pretty much badass.

Then the prodigal son/protege/heir apparent who's something of a smartass and tends to date a lot, while being the subject of many a slash fic, and gets in danger a LOT.

The middle child is named Todd and is mostly famous for being the dead one.

The youngest is very intelligent, computer savvy, and stuck in the hapless "growing up before our eyes" role AND has the first name of Tim.

And eventually they pick up a hot ex-assassin chick with language problems.

Creepy!

It does make the original JAG pilot where Gibbs interrogates Harmon Rabb even funnier. Batman interrogating Hal Jordan, poor fellow never had a prayer.

4 Comments:

  • At February 21, 2009 5:32 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    I guess that makes Perky Goth Spoiler? And Ducky Batgirl/Oracle?

     
  • At February 21, 2009 5:34 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Don't be silly.

    Abby would be Oracle. (She's got a different dynamic with Gibbs/Batman than the others. And does the job of like 18 people.:-) )

    Ducky's Alfred of course.

     
  • At February 21, 2009 9:20 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I never ever even watched NCIS before you starting comparing Tony to Guy, and now I can't stop myself from watching it ALL THE TIME!

    Actually though, it is pretty good. You just can't go wrong with David McCallum. I'm so old, I remember having a crush on him as Ilya Kuryakin.

     
  • At February 22, 2009 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Abby is clearly Barbara-as-Oracle, except for the indisputable fact that she'd kick the Joker's ass if he pulled a gun on her.

    Going to have to take Kalinara's word on that slashfic stuff. Definitely TMI for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home