Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, December 19, 2008

And I'm DONE!

Oh my god. Totally DONE with finals. Even the paper. Which I left way too long.

Anyway, now I've been letting my brain cool by playing a bunch of silly games. Something you may not know about me is that once upon a time I was Yahoo!Games's bitch. I've since been converted to Big Fish Games, because it's cheaper. But yeah, there's something about an hour demo that just hooks me.

I don't want to think about how much money I've spent over the last few years...eek.

Anyway, one thing that suddenly occurred to me as I played my umpteenth career time-management game badly is that...the main characters are always girls.

Essentially the plot of these games is that you're this girl, trying this career, and so on: waitress, stewardess, pilot, chef, hotel manager, real estate agent, fitness expert, pet groomer, mechanic and so on...

I'm not complaining mind, but it's a fairly interesting trend. You don't see a lot of genres of much of anything where the leads are almost entirely women.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home