Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Solicits!

Yay! Solicits!

Lots of interesting things coming out in August, it looks like. I'm particularly looking forward to a new Warriors! I missed that bar!

Aside from that, I think I'm most looking forward to seeing Crispus Allen and Renee Montoya team up again. I kind of thought Allen got the shaft a bit as replacement heroes go. I really wanted to see more of his Spectre and the team-up should be fun!

Last Will and Testament looks pretty good. I don't really dislike Meltzer's work. I just think he's ill-suited to an action comic like JLA (I still hold a grudge for Roy's stupid capture the flag game getting panel time while a Batman and Karate Kid fight happened off panel) but I'm one of the few that enjoyed Identity Crisis (Deathstroke issues aside). I think he does a good job with quiet character moments, mood and emotion. So this sounds like it could be good for him.

I know some folks who ought to be happy about Hawkman getting a special. :-)

I don't much care for Bruce Jones, but I may have to start looking into "The War that Time Forgot." It's a nifty title. And if "Carson" is Cave Carson I'm pretty sold already.

Seeing Manhunter on the solicit list makes me smile involuntarily. It's about damn time. <3

Looks like a good haul in August!

5 Comments:

  • At May 20, 2008 2:14 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    *Looks at main DCU titles*

    Well, Manhunter is still being solicited. So thats good. And maybe I'm being too pessimistic about Sturges. I really don't have enough work from him to pre-judge. I'm just missing Rogers' Blue Beetle still...

    Oh and I've always been curious about Giffen's previous Ambush Bug some I'm interested in this new one...

    And..yep. Thats pretty much it. Though as always theres a few trades and Showcases I'd like if I had the funds or shelf space...

     
  • At May 20, 2008 5:15 AM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    I am so looking forward to having Crispus and Renee partner-up again.

    Also, yay, Manhunter!

    The Blue Beetle solicit looks . . . I dunno, something's off about it. I think it's the implication that Jaime would go to La Dama for help on this. Why would he ever go to La Dama for help on anything?

    Admittedly it's going to be pretty hard for anyone to follow Rogers so I'm giving it a chance (if only to do my bit to keep the title alive until Rogers comes back. *cough*)

     
  • At May 20, 2008 9:46 AM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    When Manhunter starts coming out again, I'm going to figure out a new comic to pine after that hasn't been cancelled, and yet fails to provide new issues.

    I'll have to check to see which one I've been waiting for longer -- Xena #5 or Tek Jansen #2.

     
  • At May 20, 2008 11:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Quite a number of these look to be intriguing. The return of Warrior's of course IS the highlight. But the teamup of Supreman and Catwoman in Brave & the Bold looks to be a hoot. Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are always fun, and more Manhunter!

    Plus Hal and Sinestro will be fighting Atrocitus. And Ambush Bug.

    God, I love comics.

     
  • At May 20, 2008 11:30 AM, Blogger Nick said…

    Bruce Jones.....all I remember is he wrote a really odd Deadman series and a bad BAD run on Nightwing, Jason Todd eats bad guy and then throws him back up....nuff said.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home