Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, April 03, 2008

DVD Releases!

Okay, so everyone else I know seems to be excited over Freakazoid,Tiny Toons, and Birds of Prey coming out on DVD. And actually, so am I. Well, at least about the first two, I'd never seen enough of Birds of Prey to decide if I'm really happy about the latter. Though I'll enjoy the opportunity to rent it.

My local video rental place pretty much rocks, so it's only a matter of time before they get pretty much everything. <3

Actually though, I'm most excited about Witchblade.

It's kind of weird because I've never particularly had the urge to read the comic itself. I've heard it's good, of course, and I'm sure I'll try it eventually, but, well, I'm in no particular rush.

I adored that show though. Well. At least until they pulled the reset button at the end of the first season, I never quite knew what to make of it after that. But that's probably more because I didn't have a lot of time to watch during the second season. I have no idea about the quality of the show as a comic book adaptation. But I thought it was neat. Sara was awesome. I liked the ghost-partner, and the ex-Baywatch partner, and I thought Ian Nottingham had the best name ever (which I suppose is attributable to the comic instead, but well, I saw the show first. :-)) and Kenneth Irons was creepy and...

I'm really looking forward to just sitting down sometime and having a marathon. It'll be fun!

I am totally buying Freakazoid too though, right after. :-)

7 Comments:

  • At April 03, 2008 5:55 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said…

    O_o
    O_o

    FREAKAZOID! YYESSS!!!

     
  • At April 03, 2008 12:40 PM, Blogger Barry said…

    Birds of Prey is coming out on DVD?!?! Wow, I have to buy it, the only bootleg of anything I have ever bought was this TV show at a Con. It was fairly well done, but had issues. Still I liked the show and thought with time and some better cohesion it could have really been a good show. They never really knew if they wanted to be serious or a bit humourous. Still, Ashley Scott ROCKED her roll as Huntress. I need to keep my eyes open for this DVD.

     
  • At April 03, 2008 1:50 PM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    Freakazoid?!?

    DVD?!?

    *Jumps up and down with excitement*

     
  • At April 03, 2008 4:44 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    HUNT HUNT HUNT HE'S THE HUNTSMAN!

     
  • At April 03, 2008 9:00 PM, Blogger Dane said…

    I already got the Freakazoid bootleg DVD at Pittsburgh Comicon. :)

     
  • At April 03, 2008 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WE... ARE... LAWN GNOMES!

     
  • At April 04, 2008 12:22 AM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    The Witchblade TV show, or at least the first season, was pretty awesome. It was my first exposure to it, which made it a pretty huge shock when I learned it was based on a ridiculous T&A fest.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home