Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Okay, Okay, the GI Joe Movie's Starting To Look Cool

You know, I had my doubts, but I have to admit, I'm really starting to look forward to the GI Joe movie.

I can't really explain it. As a kid, I thought the cartoon was okay but it wasn't one of my favorites. And when I caught a recent episode of the new, somewhat anime-esque version, last year I was more befuddled than anything else (though I did think anime-ized Duke was kind of hot).

Still. The more I hear about it, the more fun I think it's going to be. Besides, I like anything with gratuitous comic booky violence and explosions, and this sounds like it's going to deliver.

Also, I hate to say it, but Snake Eyes actually looks really cool. I don't understand why Ray Park doesn't have a bigger movie career than he does, the man has a knack for making designs/costumes that ought to look ridiculous on a real person somehow look actually kind of cool. You'd think more folk would want to exploit that talent.

I'll be sad if there isn't any of those GI-Joe educational messages during the ending credits of the movie though. That would be hilarious.

5 Comments:

  • At March 30, 2008 9:53 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    All I can say, is that Tomax and Xamot better be in it.

     
  • At March 30, 2008 3:42 PM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    You know, if they don't sneak in a shot of somebody eating Pork Chop Sandwiches, I'll be a little disappointed.

     
  • At March 30, 2008 6:20 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said…

    Oh, I imagine we'll see Tomax and Xamot in there. I hope so...

    My favorite bit from G. I. Joe is when they're stealing Napoleon's DNA and the mayor of Paris just drives up in his limo and starts ranting about how they're "Barbarians!"

    So Tomax and Xamot look at each other in faux shock and say "Barbarians?"

    Then they throw dynamite under the mayor's car. It was beautiful.

     
  • At March 31, 2008 12:57 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    I'll be sad if there isn't any of those GI-Joe educational messages during the ending credits of the movie though. That would be hilarious.

    OMG THAT IS THE GREATEST IDEA EVAR!!!

    There better be! >:|

     
  • At March 31, 2008 10:38 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Because knowing is half the battle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home