Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Infinity Formula Ponderings

Okay, I've been reading up on this Infinity Formula business. Mostly as I was bored and Wikipedia exists. I haven't read the actual stories at all, and am going strictly off of fansites, so please let me know if I'm missing something.

Okay, so, at least according to the Marvel website, the reason the Howling Commandos are not as old as they ought to be is because of exposure to Fury's blood after he got Infinity Formula-ed. Which confuses me, because I thought he needed extra doses, but I digress.

Anyway, it got me thinking about whether that sort of thing could be sexually transmitted. Because that would be very odd to bang Nick Fury (or for that matter Dum Dum Dugan or one of the other Commandos) and then gradually realize you're not aging as fast as you ought to be. And you would never know why.

Weird.

8 Comments:

  • At February 29, 2008 9:55 AM, Blogger googum said…

    Near as I can tell, it's just kinda assumed Nick has the Infinity Formula now, and gives it to his buddies like Dum Dum Dugan. Otherwise, they'd be way older, right? But the only on-panel version showing that, that I know of, is from a What The--?! issue.

    Nick's forced into retirement, and Dum Dum tells him it's close proximity to 'Furey' that's kept him and Gabe and the other Howlers young, so he wants to hang out. A lot. Nick gives him a prescription instead. John Severin art!

    I'll see if I can dig it out: I think I know where it is...

     
  • At February 29, 2008 10:09 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Banging Nick Fury keeps you young and beautiful. Banging Tony Stark usually leads to an early death. I know which director I'D be happier to see!

     
  • At February 29, 2008 10:43 AM, Blogger Rich said…

    Hey, it worked for Black Widow. How else to explain her meeting up with Cap and Wolverine in WWII Madripoor when she was a kid?

     
  • At March 01, 2008 2:42 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Other Howling Commandoes other than Dugan get used? Huh, never noticed. But then Dugan and Fury are the only ones I'd recognize. Is there anything relatively recent with them in it?

     
  • At March 01, 2008 3:50 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Gabriel Jones has showed up as recently as Civil War as I recall.

    Admittedly, he and Dugan are the only ones I can really think of to show up much at all. But someone else who knows them better might be able to contradict me. :-)

     
  • At March 01, 2008 7:55 AM, Blogger Scott (The Mad Thinker) Anderson said…

    Hmm. That means taht Percy Pinkerton, who Stan outed as gay, when the Rawhide Kid thing was going on is still young-ish too, right?

    But I'm sure he wouldn't have unsafe, if youth-giving, sex, right?

     
  • At March 01, 2008 7:57 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Certainly something to ponder?

     
  • At March 03, 2008 4:32 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    I've role-played in games where not only longevity, but *superpowers*, could be transmitted sexually (as well as through blood transfusions). Hey, if Superman's blood can give Lois or Lana all his powers for a day or two, what might steady exposure to his, uh, prostaglandins, do for them in the long run? I believe John Byrne played with this idea late in the run of Next Men, as well.

    Of course, that puts a whole new wrinkle on Jimmy Olsen constantly getting new powers...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home