Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Weird Urge...

You know, recently, for no reason I can fathom, I've had the urge to rent, of all things, Sabrina the Teenage Witch DVDs. I'm honestly not sure why. I remember liking the few episodes I saw of it way back when, but I never watched it regularly. (Heck, I never even knew it was based after a comic until fairly recently!) For some reason, I really have the urge to watch it.

I blame Psycho Beach Party. To be fair, many many things can be blamed on Psycho Beach Party. Including the apocalypse and Thomas Gibson in a corset. (For the record, if you want a really bizarre night, I'd recommend getting really drunk, and marathoning this movie and random episodes of Criminal Minds. Brain Breaky. If you're REALLY masochistic and have a lot of time, I'd recommend alternating those two with Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Six Feet Under. Ow.)

Anyway, one of the aunts played the mother, which is probably where the urge comes from. I get like that sometimes. "Hey, it's that guy! I remember him from [insert series here!] I should rent that!"

I honestly can't remember though if the series sucked or not. I vaguely remember the talking cat at least. At least it would be a distraction!

5 Comments:

  • At December 15, 2007 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi.
    Oh Sabrina was perfectly delighful nonsense. The aunts were fun, one responsible and one a bit of a slob. The cat was a megalomaniac who kept having his plans for world conquest foiled. Hmm..I watch too much tv.
    Thomas Gibson in a corset? Hmm..must see.
    Anna

     
  • At December 15, 2007 11:27 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Law School is doing strange things to you.

     
  • At December 15, 2007 11:54 AM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    I liked the cat, and I'm always happy to see Penn Gillette.

    But a little of that show goes a long way, IIRC.

     
  • At December 15, 2007 4:49 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Salem was cool. He was a cat because he kept getting busted for trying to conquer the world. I remember him being up for parole:

    Witch Parole Board: Do you still want to conquer the world?

    Salem: Yes, I mean no! Unfair question! I'm a CAT!

    But yeah, its total fluff. If you have cable, its probably rerunning on SOME Disney themed channel...

     
  • At December 17, 2007 11:25 AM, Blogger ticknart said…

    In it's first season, Sabrinia had an appearance by the Violent Femmes, that alone is worth a rental. That made me a fan. I'd say it's worth a rental because it was fun. And Libby Chessler is one of my all time favorite sitcom villains.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home