Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The JLA movie

I'm really excited about the Justice League Movie. Of course I liked the tv pilot too, so my taste can be a little questionable. But it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!

I admit, except for Adam Brody, I have no idea who any of these people are. (Adam Brody, I remember, from my brief stint of being an OC fan. It was soapy and trashy and had Peter Gallagher and his scary/awesome eyebrows, but I never really had time to watch.) I actually preferred the rumors of Anton Yelchin, but that's mostly because I've taken to him since seeing him as the baby proto-serial killer on Criminal Minds. He's probably too young for the role anyway, seeing as he looks about twelve. Besides, he'll be Chekov.

Apparently the guy playing Batman is hugely tall. That's cool. Aside from that, I know absolutely nothing about these people.

But I kind of like that. I don't go to movies to see actors (usually), but to see characters. And if an actor's terribly well known, it might start to become "See "This Actor" as..." And that can be distracting. (That's sort of happening now to the guy playing Sylar cast as Spock, I think, which is a shame because the guy looks absolutely perfect for the role. And is a good actor to boot. But the first thing I think of is still "Syler".)

Here though, I'm excited about seeing the big team in action. I don't know if they'll be good actors. (To be fair, this sort of plot doesn't seem the sort to require a whole lot of dramatic chops anyway...except maybe from the Flash if some of those rumors are true.) They might suck. But then again, some of the best performances/actors had to start somewhere.

Besides, as we've seen, I liked the tv movie. My standards of quality for this sort of thing are cheerfully low. :-)

6 Comments:

  • At December 05, 2007 10:17 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I'm old. I don't have a clue as to the identities of any of these people. But, as you say, that can be a bonus. Who knew who Hugh Jackman or Christopher Reeve were?

    I'm pretty sure it will just be some good silly fun.

     
  • At December 05, 2007 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going to have to ask which Syler you're refering to, because the only one I can think of was in Stargate:SG-1. But about the JLA movie, it can't be any worse than that Captain America movie or the Batman series from the sixties (that was so bad it was good).

     
  • At December 05, 2007 11:53 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    Hey there, I've gotta disagree with you about the Batman TV show. Sure, as a jaded adult of the 2000's it seems like crap, but as a kid in the 70's and 80's it was the coolest thing there was.

    Anyway, I just hope for the JLA movie that they don't try to make it too "dark" or "deep", I just want a big, fun colorful superhero adventure. And if it's one I can take my kids to, all the better.

     
  • At December 05, 2007 2:54 PM, Blogger Evan Waters said…

    I still dislike the fact that they're using the OMAC/"evil Maxwell Lord" plot. As if DC weren't determined enough to make that stick.

     
  • At December 05, 2007 10:39 PM, Blogger Moriarty said…

    I actually think Sylar (from Heroes, not SG-1) will work out perfectly for Spock. Sure you can recognize him, but the roles couldn't be more different so I don't think it'll be distracting for more than the first few minutes.

    I don't mind casting unknowns in the JLA movie, but it is bothersome that there will be three separate actors playing Superman in current media at the same time. I really wish they would have just gone with Routh or Welling.

     
  • At December 07, 2007 10:17 PM, Blogger Ununnilium said…

    I actually prefer it this way. The more, the merrier; different interpretations are fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home