Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, September 29, 2007

More Star Trek stuff!

Oooh, Rich has more casting rumors for the Star Trek movie.

Apparently Mike Vogel is the front runner for Kirk.

It might just be the picture on the blog, but I'm not sure I see it. I'm hesitant to write him off for a single picture, though, so maybe he'll work. Kirk's really more about attitude anyway. If he can pull off Shatner, he should be fine.

Rich also mentions other confirmed casting though, which I hadn't known about. (The only one I'd known was Quinto as Spock, which really works remarkably well.) Apparently Chekov's cast: Anton Yelchin.

Now that one I can see. Of course there is the part of me wailing "Oh my god, he's twelve!" But Chekov's supposed to be young. (He's actually 18, but I refuse to admit the passage of time.) And it's cool that he's actually Russian. I'll kind of miss "nuclear wessels" though. Maybe, since he came here as an infant, there's still hope!

Uhura is Zoe Saldana. I've never heard of her, but she's positively stunning! I can't think of a better choice for Uhura! So pretty!

I admit, I judge this cast solely on looks rather than acting talent, but that's honestly because...well, consider the comparison. I love the show, but no one was really on their A-Game there.

The rumor Rich mentions of Paul McGillon as Scotty excites me. I hope, hope, hope it's true. I was sad when they killed his character off Stargate: Atlantis. And I think he'd do well. Be weird not to see him as a doctor though.

Now I really really want to see their McCoy. Crankiness is fun!

5 Comments:

  • At September 29, 2007 9:22 AM, Blogger snell said…

    I've got to say, no matter who they cast, I'm not hyper-thrilled with the coming Star Trek movie and what we know of its premise.

    Much like your complaint about JSA Classified, we have a vast, centuries-spanning history, yet we're constantly and inexorably pulled pulled back to this "Star Trek Year One" concept.

    Oh, I'll see it, because I'm Star Trek's bitch, but my skepticism meter is on high...

     
  • At September 29, 2007 9:30 AM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    Yelchin, Saldana, and McGillen all definitely look the part. I hope they get cast.

    I also hope they get a good actor for Sulu. I always liked him.

     
  • At September 29, 2007 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My only question: who's going to play Finnegan?

    My dream "Star Trek: Year One" movie would be entitled "The Wrath of Finnegan", and it would be as offensively stereotypical as they can make it. Finnegan getting drunk and crying about his mother. Finnegan blaming his poor grades on the English. And of course, picking on Jimmy-boy off and on throughout the movie. "Lucky Charms" background music should be playing at all times.

     
  • At September 29, 2007 6:27 PM, Blogger JonHendry said…

    Vogel looks like the Dell Dude.

    I think the blonde kid from Saved By The Bell might work as Kirk.

     
  • At September 29, 2007 11:23 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said…

    I also hope they get a good actor for Sulu. I always liked him.

    I'm personally hoping for Daniel Dae Kim.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home