Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Avengers Reborn?

Okay, I'm not sure what to think of this Avengers Reborn thing.

So far, I've had mixed feelings about the whole Marvel animated thing thus far. Ultimate Avengers wasn't too bad (though they managed to make me detest Bruce Banner/Hulk to a whole new level, and I'd never been much of a fan before...), but I really didn't like Ultimate Avengers 2. (The death of a certain main character just seemed so gratuitous. Especially when Iron Man technically sorta dies too, but HE gets to come back.) And honestly, I thought that Iron Man movie was just an atrocious, cliched, racist pile of tripe.

So, yeah, if the Dr. Strange movie sucks too, that'll be pretty damn ominous.

On the other hand, I really do tend to enjoy AU offspring type stories. And the character designs look really cute! This featurette is pretty interesting.

I wish they'd elaborate more on the parentage of the children though. I mean, one half of each is pretty obvious, sure. But I'm a gossip hound, I wanna know who ends up with whom.

I'm guessing that Cap Jr. might be Black Widow's, given that they seemed fairly close, but I can't really think of whose the others might be.

Really though, the best part of all this is that the villain is Ultron! There is no villain more suitable for a second-generation story than Ultron. :-) It's just perfect!

So I guess I'll wait and see. It looks pretty interesting though! Provided it doesn't suck, at least!

(Oh and Ragnell's got a link to the New Frontier preview/featurette, go look!)

3 Comments:

  • At August 08, 2007 11:06 AM, Blogger tavella said…

    The art doesn't do much for me, but the storyline does have potential; I'm a sucker for that kind of second generation, after-the-tragedy story.

     
  • At August 08, 2007 1:31 PM, Blogger tavella said…

    I think you are probably right about it being Cap/Black Widow, btw. The bit of the script that was visible had them falling within seconds of each other; I suspect it'll probably have the same for each of the superhero parent pairs.

    Also, 'fwukpau' as a verification word makes me giggle.

     
  • At August 09, 2007 12:29 AM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    I think it looks really neat. This is the first of Marvel's animated feature films that's grabbed me from the get-go.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home