Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Previews are fun!

Okay, remember how I said the Hal and Kara teamup will be awesome?

The preview agrees with me.

Kara's been growing on me a lot lately, but that Kara? I really really like that Kara. She's freaking adorable in those panels. I've always liked Kara when she's acting like an idiot because she's attracted to a guy (mostly because that same behavior is the reason I look back on my high school days and cringe with embarrassment).

I approve of the improvement of her tastes too. Hal is an idiot and a doofus, but he's a damn sight cooler than Nightwing. Or Boomerang.

Also, Hal trying to behave himself, snarking on Ollie and repeating "Seventeen, seventeen" is incredibly, incredibly funny. Poor Hal. You're so cute when you're trying to be responsible and NOT notice the jailbait blond in the "half-shirt".

This amuses me. This amuses me greatly. I am pleased!

8 Comments:

  • At March 18, 2007 9:53 PM, Blogger ShellyS said…

    I'm pleased, too. Thanks for posting the link. I'm getting jazzed about it.

     
  • At March 19, 2007 12:29 AM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    I've -never- seen a girl as 'high-profile' as Kara be as forward with guys as she is, but she can bat anyone she doesn't like away so I'll let pass.

    Book with all of the universe's actions written on it... Is that some Destiny of the Endless vibe I'm getting here?

     
  • At March 19, 2007 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Endless connection also occured to me. I think it would be cool if they explicitly made the connection, or left it ambiguously vague so we could make the connection ourselves.

    I really liked the previews also. I was a little non-plussed at Supergirl's blatant flirting with a guy so much older than herself. I think the recognition by other characters that Kara is over-sexulized makes her presentation better. It makes her seem precocious within the context of the universe, rather than just an object written for the stereotypical male reader.

    -Blake

     
  • At March 19, 2007 6:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love it. I think this also proves what I suspected when I read Supergirl and The Legion Of Superheros, Mark Waid is the only writer I've seen so far who is able to write this version of Kara and have her come off even somewhat likeable.

     
  • At March 19, 2007 11:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Well, Hal does have something of a history of liking young blondes. *snicker*

    I can understand Kara flirting with Hal. He's adorable afterall, even if he is a twit sometimes.

    Has she ever met Kyle?

     
  • At March 19, 2007 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the great book of oa has been around in green lantern comics since the '80s (though in continuity it's been around for 15 billion years) and has no (known) connection to destiny's book besides being similar to it. there's a pretty exhaustive history of the book here.

     
  • At March 19, 2007 5:04 PM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    Brave and the Bold 4 is a team-up of Supergirl and Lobo.

    What word is the opposite of "fun"?

     
  • At March 20, 2007 2:47 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    I was hoping that Waid would still write Kara like the 31st century one that he's currently writing and not the Kelly one. :O And it seems he is! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home