Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, December 16, 2005

Random Ridiculous Realization #2

Today, I had the strangest urge to write slash fanfiction. I'm sure that is not surprising. I'm one of those people who like that sort of thing. Anyway, though what's *very* weird is that I've got the urge to write a bizarre crossover pairing involving characters that will never meet and probably wouldn't get along well if they do.

And yet, I kind of want to write them about them in...graphic situations.

The characters in question?

Ben Grimm, the Thing and Sanderson Hawkins (in pre-cure Monster form, specifically)

(images courtesy of Fantastic Four, volume 2, #10, and JSA #69)

Apparently sex between rock monsters is something that my brain finds amusing. Because I'm a sick person.

Fortunately for us all, my creative efforts are stalled by the sheer fact that I can't figure out how it would actually work.

Thank god.

4 Comments:

  • At December 16, 2005 11:02 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said…

    I have to say, even if I could figure out how that would work, I don't think I would tell you. The results might destroy a hemisphere.

    Is slash strictly between memebers of the same sex, or just any sort of romantic entanglement? For some reason I've had this real interest in a Raven/Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. More for the stroy aspect of two characters with demonic aspects to them both trying to interact appropriately with humans. Meaning Spike can't rip off Conner's face if he finds him annoying. Hilarious, but annoying.

     
  • At December 16, 2005 11:19 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    The original definition of slash was just a designation for romantic pairings in fanzines. Pretty much now though it indicates homosexual relationships exclusively.

    Raven/Spike would be "het" I guess. Regardless though, it would be entertaining. And more than a little fucked up. :-)

     
  • At December 16, 2005 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've had more then a fill of Raven with vampires.

    Thank you Brother Blood for once again coming back.

    It was the only downside of the issue.

     
  • At December 16, 2005 11:58 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Thank you for replying, Mallet.

    And I agree totally. The Trigon/Brother Blood story is almost as old, if not *as* old as I am. Can't they just let it go already?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home