Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Geoff Johns is a Mean Man:

Once upon a time, circa 1999 to be exact, there was a mini-series out called JSA Returns. It takes place in the forties and has different issues centering on different folk. My favorite, which I've posted scans from before, is "A Terrifying Hour", which involves a team up of the Sandman, Sandy, Star Spangled Kid, and Stripsey.

It's cute and fun and very similar in tone to old Sandman issues. But there were a few bits, that keeping in mind what's gonna happen in their future...well, they're just mean. I've quoted them before, but I've never posted scans. NOW I have pictorial evidence.

Like this one:



...

And:



...darn you, Mr. Johns! You couldn't just have it be a cute fun story! You had to put those...little asides in didn't you? Just to make *me* wince!

Darn you!

And as a bonus, Pat Dugan was a great guy, but his costume was really really bad.



...and really bad in this case actually means horrendous.

2 Comments:

  • At April 14, 2006 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've read this story before, but only with your highlighting do I realize not only is that costume bad, but it looks EXTREMELY PANIFUL.

     
  • At April 14, 2006 5:01 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    If it weren't for the fact that he looks like he's wearing thong underwear on top, it'd be almost okay.

    Which makes it worse. Poor Pat. His job doesn't allow him dignity.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home