Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Memories!

Okay, I swear to God, I will actually have real content up tomorrow. Really, I will!

But tonight I've been distracted by this:

http://community.livejournal.com/1bruce1

It's a livejournal community that recaps a bunch of Sweet Valley books! God, I loved those when I was a spawnling.

Well, actually I found I'd love each series until I managed to get of equivalent age to the characters and realized "Um, being 7/12/16 isn't really like that, you books are lame!" And then I'd be already reading the next series. Sheeplike, what? Me? Really?

Still, I always admired their trashy soapy sanctimonious fun! And even then my love for fictional losers must have kicked in, as I always had a mild crush on Steven Wakefield. Or I wanted to be him. I was a bit gender confused as a kid... (I also had no taste. Seriously. Egads. :-P)

God, this brings back memories, I'll see you when I've finished reading and snickering. :-)

8 Comments:

  • At November 17, 2007 10:37 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    May I just mention that "spawnling" is a magnificent word?

    A little nostalgia is always nice. I was a bit too old for these, but I do remember all the plots from my old Nancy Drew books.

     
  • At November 17, 2007 9:44 PM, Blogger Mike Haseloff said…

    I liked the TV series.

    Anything by, OR resembling, a Peter Engel pre-teen dramedy is gold with me.

    I only hope this doesn't incur the wrath of that which was -- LOST IN ADAPTATION!
    Ignorance is bliss.

     
  • At November 17, 2007 11:02 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I never actually saw the series. I figured it couldn't compare to the glorious trashy horribleness of the book

     
  • At November 18, 2007 2:40 AM, Blogger Scott (The Mad Thinker) Anderson said…

    Real content, schmeal content. You are the greatest and can tell people who are begging you for substantive content that they can blow me.

    Take your time and do what is important!

     
  • At November 18, 2007 5:12 AM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    Psst! Scott, you've got a little brown spot on your nose. :)

     
  • At November 18, 2007 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, bless you for this! Now I have hours of fun at my fingertips. What? Paper due? Who cares, I CAN READ SVH SNARK!!!

     
  • At November 19, 2007 7:03 AM, Blogger Mike Haseloff said…

    "I never actually saw the series. I figured it couldn't compare to the glorious trashy horribleness of the book"

    A TV show built largely around a pair of blonde twins and romances? Mmm... Compare in what sense? :-p


    Now... To make a napkin sketch about Saved by the Bell relate to comics news...

     
  • At November 19, 2007 7:05 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Oh, I don't doubt there were many similarities.

    But the books were a magic brand of wtf-ery that I simply doubt could be matched by any tv show. :-) Maybe some time I'll catch reruns and change my mind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home