Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Eeek!

Today at work, something a little strange happened. I was making my rounds of "Can I help you find anything?" and trying to car-salesman birthday club memberships onto poor innocent parents when I come across this youngish fellow in the action figure department who asks me if I have a myspace page.

Apparently, the fellow had heard from a female friend about an anecdote in which a certain toy store employee had a conversation with a fellow about Nightwing.

So, yeah, pretty sure that's me. What a moment of cognitive dissonance. Unfortunately work called, so I couldn't really get a chance to chat or anything.

That's the first time that's ever happened to me, honestly. I mean, I'm not terribly hard to find, I reckon, as there really is only ONE toy store in the East Lansing/Okemos area. (I avoid the name only because the company has a specific policy toward blogging that if the employee self-identifies as working for this particular franchise, they have to post a disclaimer with the whole "the opinions expressed here are not shared by the company" sort of thing and I'm way too lazy for that.) My real name's not hard to find either, I guess.

Still, this is the first time real life and blogging life ever really collided for me. (Meeting blogging folks at conventions isn't quite the same). The only people I know in real life who read the blog are people who know me already.

I did have a moment of panic though in the "Oh hell, is there anything on this blog that could get me fired?!" sort of way. Just in case. :-)

It was definitely weird, but a bit of a boost to the ego. Secondhand recognition! I feel almost famous right this moment. Heh!

7 Comments:

  • At May 01, 2007 7:22 AM, Blogger Rich said…

    You ARE famous - someone in real life recognised you from blogging! Next the inevitable book deal!

    The real question,of course, is whether he asked you for your phone number as well...

     
  • At May 01, 2007 7:31 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    You might want to be a little cautious...

     
  • At May 01, 2007 10:46 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    But how DOES he feel about Nightwing? And will he willingly wear black and green for you?

     
  • At May 01, 2007 11:49 AM, Blogger Sleestak said…

    Yeah, I waited for the day someone figured it out when I was at work in Maryland. But then, I figured I was safe because if it isn't about shooting deer and getting drunk watching fuh'ball then they really were not interested.

     
  • At May 01, 2007 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Behold! The Power of The Internet!Baffling Strangers at the Speed of Light!

     
  • At May 01, 2007 11:26 PM, Blogger Ashley said…

    Oh wow! How embarassing?
    Hi Kalinara. I'm Ashley and it was me who told him about your blog, which I started reading, as well as Ragnell's, when a blog post of mine was listed on When Fan Girls Attack.
    I apologize, I did assume you worked at "you know where" since you lived in E. Lansing and it's the only toy store around. And I did ask him about the Nightwing story because it sounded like soemthing he would say. I had no idea he would start randomly asking employees if they were the ones that wrote it.
    Anyway, I figured now would be an excellent time to leave my first comment and attempt to look slightly less like a lunatic or maybe more, I'm not sure.

     
  • At May 01, 2007 11:29 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Hi Ashley! No harm done! I was just surprised! :-)

    I don't know if he asked all the employees. :-) He might have just gotten lucky on the first guess!

    And you should come by and say hi sometime! (I'm really boring in real life, though, I warn ya!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home