Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Not sure what I think about this yet...

How's this for something interesting, if I don't know how accurate it is...

"Sandman Mystery Theatre: Sleep of Reason
Sandman Mystery Theatre is back with a brand new man taking over for Wesley Dodds. Set in the 21st century, doesn't face the grind of New York, as Dodds did. Instead, he enters the heart of the Middle East. The five-issue story, written by John Ney Rieber, with art by Eric Nguyen, arrives in October."

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, yay, more SMT! On another, this "brand new man" thing irks me. I'm usually pretty open to new characters, I liked Kyle, Wally, I'm not completely against Arthur Curry 2.0 or Jaime Reyes yet...but I'm also a traditionalist in some cases, and there's only one guy that should be taking over for Wesley Dodds, damnit. And he's not been "brand new" since JSA debuted. (In as much as any character originating in the forties could be considered "brand new" at ALL)

If it *is* Sand, that'd be awesome. Though the Middle East seems like an odd fit (the Far East would be a better fit, going by what they say in JSA), then again, as Diamondrock pointed out to me in AIM, there's lots of sand in the Middle East. Heh. Has the potential to be very visually striking though, with lots of "location" atmosphere...

And they'd *need* the prophetic dreams right? It's not likely that they'd just up and grab a new guy when they've got one already, criminally underused, with the proper skill set (detective abilities and dreams), and a complex interesting backstory with many pre-existing ties to Wes and Dian...Right?

Hmph, great, I'm gonna be brooding on this for *ages*. When's October gonna come around?

5 Comments:

  • At March 28, 2006 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the dreaming of different dreams,other dreams,foreign dreams,we are all looking for that,right?

     
  • At March 28, 2006 7:56 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Oh yeah, I think thematically this could be wonderful.

    But I'll be upset if it's a different guy. I'm touchy that way.

     
  • At March 28, 2006 8:11 AM, Blogger Devon Sanders said…

    Do you know whether it's DC or Vertigo?

     
  • At March 28, 2006 10:01 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Guy I heard it from said Vertigo. But to be fair, I don't know how accurate *any* of this is. Food for thought though. :-)

     
  • At March 28, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    simon: *nod* Me too. That would be utterly fantastic. That's why I have no idea what to think.

    It's a horrible tease really, and I'm gonna be upset if it's anyone else in the title role. He's deserved the chance for a mini for *ages*! I'm gonna be embarrassingly, geekily upset if they're giving it to someone else. :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home