Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Trinity

Huh, this Trinity thing sounds kind of interesting. On one hand, I kind of feel the same as Brainfreeze here. I mean, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman all have comics of their own, and in the case of the boys, multiple comics. On the other hand, I do like seeing Wonder Woman on an even keel with the guys. And I do think that using the big name heroes definitely means it ought to sell.

And it IS Busiek. I like Busiek.

I suppose I'll give it a shot at least. It'll be interesting to see what direction it goes in. Maybe there'll be some interesting team-ups and minor character appearances as well.

But the fan-entitled little brat inside my brain is still whining that my favorite character shares a title with a huge group of legends, growing bigger all the time, and gets maybe one line every five issues or so, while Batman and Superman get like five titles a piece.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it. :-P

10 Comments:

  • At February 10, 2008 7:38 AM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    I also think this is going to be too much for a weekly comic - I wanted to see something like this but I wanted it to replace Superman/Batman . . . and solely on principle, since I don't read the title.

     
  • At February 10, 2008 10:51 AM, Blogger Mike Haseloff said…

    I'll be happy if the Trinity can be the spine giving a 52-style spotlight to peripheral characters.

    As unlikely as that probably seems...

     
  • At February 10, 2008 10:58 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I'm thinking that I'll pick this up for the guest shots. If there is anything that we don't necessarily need, it is ANOTHER Superman/Batman title. Wonder Woman on the other hand, could use some additional exposure.

    52 and Countdown were a good way to get a peek at what some of the "B" and "C" listers were doing. I LIKE the "B" and "C" listers.

     
  • At February 10, 2008 12:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love the idea of the back-up. Busiek says it's very much a part of the story just with a different artist and a co-writer.

    I love this because this weekly is likely to sell well. I think it will sell better than Countdown but even if it sells the same amount as CD that's still 70-80K people reading it every week. That means if the back up guest-stars Blue Beetle, that's at least 50-60K more non-Blue Bleetle readers being exposed to the character, same with Checkmate, Catwoman and others. Unless the characterization is f--ed up, that has to be good for those titles.

     
  • At February 10, 2008 1:06 PM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    Busiek & Bagley. They could be doing a comic about the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man and I'd read it. Busiek has written my favorite Superman in decades, so I can't wait to see what he'll do with the other two. I'm stoked.

     
  • At February 10, 2008 5:57 PM, Blogger zhinxy said…

    Busiek? Yeah, gotta admit I'm there. But honestly, they could axe Superman/Batman.

     
  • At February 10, 2008 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rob, I'd read a Stay Puff marshmellow story by ANYONE. Ghostbusters was a fundemental part of my childhood.

    I'm actually more intrigued about what's going to be in those backups than the main story.

     
  • At February 11, 2008 1:46 AM, Blogger Iko of the Shadows said…

    The Countdown/Countup/Trinity comics are good because they push second-tiers into the limelight, if only for a few books.

     
  • At February 11, 2008 2:04 AM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    Come to think of it, matsap -- I'd be all over a Sta-Puft comic too.

     
  • At February 11, 2008 9:20 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    I hope that Wonder Woman factors in huge in Trinity and this isn't just Superman/Batman + Wonder Woman. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home