Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

You'd Think I Wouldn't Talk About Toys Anymore...

Okay, I may not work at a toy store anymore, but this little tidbit here is getting me awfully intrigued.

DC and Mattel again? I'm so there.

From the article:

Mattel’s brands such as Hot Wheels, Radica, Fisher-Price, Tyco and Mattel Games are expected to take full advantage of the deal.


Already cool, personally though I'm rather aghast that they didn't mention Barbie! It's an easy way to market superheroes after all! And who wouldn't want a fashion doll of their favorite superheroine.

I'm guessing that they won't neglect that market though. After all, they had both Superman movie dolls, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and JLU dolls relatively recently. (I remember I sold a few even!) I'm not one for toy collecting in general (my green doll and gas masked soldier aside). But I always regretted not splurging on them myself.

And honestly, it's not like Black Canary or even Supergirl's costume is much more risque than Barbie's usual costumes. (And on a note of personal opinion, I'd love to see superhero-themed dolls start to edge out those ghastly "My Scene" monstrosities.)

Mostly though I want a Big Barda doll. Because there is NOTHING awesomer than a Big Barda doll. Nothing.

4 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2007 10:33 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    A Big Barda doll would indeed be nice. It would have to be taller than the standard 11" of a Barbie though.

    My beloved local Comic book store, has the Barbie versions of Wonder Woman, Batgirl and Poison Ivy, and they really are pretty nice.

     
  • At June 30, 2007 9:29 PM, Blogger We're Crafty, and We're Just Our Type said…

    If the doll also occassionally threw your regularly-sized Barbies through a wall I would be in heaven

     
  • At July 02, 2007 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Big Barda Barbie Doll? I'm so there. :)

     
  • At May 11, 2011 9:08 AM, Anonymous kamagra said…

    so , I have been reading about it, I think that this is so cute, I would like to have the chance of get similar toys!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home