Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ooo! Nifty!

Awesome! My favorite X-Men time period will be a movie! Awesome!

Though I'm a bit boggled if they're going to try to slide it into the same continuity as the X-movies. I mean, if nothing else, it was pretty clear that Jean Grey had about ten years on Scott Summers in them, and unless Xavier's first class is going cover middle school and undergraduate collegiate level, that'll be pretty hard to pull off.

Also, I resent the last film, so I'd be much more happy if it turns out to be brand new entirely.

Still though, I'm sure I'll enjoy it!

5 Comments:

  • At April 19, 2009 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nothing would make me happier than if the last X-men film was completely ignored. If this is half as much fun as the Jeff Parker comics, then count me in.
    Anna

     
  • At April 19, 2009 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ten years? Why do you think that?

     
  • At April 19, 2009 3:13 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Bookslide, because they were. Jansen was nearly forty in the first movie. (Heck, she'd played a love interest of Picard's in Star Trek: TNG) whereas Marsden was in his early twenties and just finished up playing teenage heartthrob characters. Jansen is a beautiful woman of course, but she really wasn't passing for twenty-something.

    I always thought the age difference was pretty intriguing myself.

    I'm just saying that it's really hard to imagine the characters as classmates together unless Scott has a secondary mutation keeping him perpetually at 25 or they just kibosh the idea of fitting it with the earlier films.

     
  • At April 20, 2009 12:14 PM, Blogger Anthony Strand said…

    Well, it does specifically say both "Young Scott" and "Young Beast" in the link.

    In no universe are James Marsden and Kelsey Grammer the same age. I doubt it will follow established movie continuity.

    By the way - Janssen (born in 1964) is nine years older than Marsden (born in 1973), to be precise.

     
  • At April 20, 2009 12:46 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Yeah, there is that too. Though they could go with the secondary mutation of being perpetually 25-30 idea. :-P (Kelsey Grammer being covered with hair does make it possibly a bit easier to fudge his age than Famke Janssen.)

    It might explain certain recent comic depictions of Scott. (I love Cassaday's work, but his Scott looks all of eighteen to me most of the time. :-))

    Hence the "about ten years" in the original post. I was too lazy to look it up precisely. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home