Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

She's BAAAAACK

I'm not going to say much tonight, mostly because I've got a very early morning tomorrow. But THIS makes me so unbearably happy! I didn't realize it was going to be out this week!

...I can't decide if I'm annoyed Nightwing's on the cover or not. My irrational hate of Nightwing IS fairly legendary at least in my own mind. On the plus side I can read Manhunter and be happy to see Kate, and maybe Todd will have speaking lines, and I can hate Nightwing all in one issue!

Yep, I'm excited.

Too bad I can't buy comics until probably the weekend. :-( Tell me if it's good, okay?

Edited: And Patrick proves why I shouldn't revisit links while tired! How embarrasing! THIS is the Manhunter solicit. No Nightwing, which makes me happy and oddly disappointed at the same time. Still, the cover is enough to make me very very happy. :-)

I can't wait to read about Kate and Dylan and Chase and Todd and Mr. Bones and so on and so forth again! :-) Like I said, though, tell me if it's good!

And to be fair, I have enjoyed what little of the Tomasi run I've read. I just enjoy irrationally hating Nightwing. :-) And maybe there was some unconscious wishful thinking involved: I do think there would be interesting crossover potential there. What with the Batclan and Manhunter's very very different take on killing and all...

7 Comments:

  • At June 04, 2008 12:36 AM, Blogger Patrick C said…

    I'm not sure if you realized you linked to Nightwing #145. As far as I know Nightwing won't be appearing in Manhunter #31.

    Also, I was never a fan of Nightwing, but this run by Tomasi has been AWESOME. If you told me 2 years ago I'd be collecting Nightwing and enjoying it, I would have called you a liar.

     
  • At June 04, 2008 7:15 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Gosh, embarrassing! You're right though, I should not click links while tired. The post has been corrected! :-)

    I've read a bit of Tomasi's run and while I hate the character, I admit, it's been fairly enjoyable.

    But I still irrationally hate the character.

     
  • At June 04, 2008 10:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I guess I'm in the same boat as Patrick. I too thought that Nightwing was a bit of a dillweed. However Tomasi's work has been excellent, and I'm actually BUYING it and READING it. Whodathunk?

    But I AM looking forward to picking up Manhunter again so this looks to be another good Wednesday.

    An irrational hatred of Nightwing? That's the way I feel about Snapper Carr.

     
  • At June 04, 2008 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I just finished reading this.

    Prediction: Kal squees about a half-dozen times while reading this. At least.

     
  • At June 04, 2008 4:28 PM, Blogger Patrick C said…

    I never read Manhunter, but I am pretty intrigued with the amount of love I've seen it get on a lot of my favorite blogs. I don't know if I can afford to add both it and Trinity to my pull list though. I'll read through some of the old trades if I can.

     
  • At June 05, 2008 4:51 PM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    Read it and liked it.

    Without spoilers . . .

    Not nearly enough Dylan, although the little Dylan there was was really good.

    More Obsidian than Dylan, but he was more like a "cameo" than a integral part of the plot.

    Only Cameron's voice. No Damon. I guess you can't have everything in 22 pages.

    It starts with a pointless battle, and the rest is build up that makes me interested in #32.

     
  • At June 05, 2008 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I loved it. Frankly it felt much more sure of its self than the last story arc that felt really really rushed. And the ending? Well those who read GeekLove know that for me Christmas just came early.

    My one complaint is that I had to read it twice to realize that the skull faced villian was not who I thought he was. I'm not sure if that's due to art that wants for just a touch more clarity or a brain fart on my part. Over all I'm very very happy this is back and I'm really hoping it's here to stay this time.

    Take
    It
    Easy

    Toriach

     

Post a Comment

<< Home