Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Here be Amazons?

The more I hear about Amazons Attack, the more I want to read it. Especially if all this is really going to be some sort of retaliation of the treatment of Diana after her killing of Max Lord.

Of course, I'm biased, as I firmly support Diana killing Max, in the events of that comic. She outright asked him, with lasso, if there was any way to stop him. And I'm still a bit annoyed that I don't recall Superman ever appearing at any of these trials to testify on her behalf. He was THERE after all. Being mind-controlled and the ultimate reason she HAD to make the choice.

Of course, I'm a bit behind this month, so if he HAS shown up to speak on her behalf I rescind my gripe. :-)

Anyway, I understand the need to put her on trial as well. As well as why she goes through with it. But I really couldn't see the Amazons being terribly happy about this and now that Infinite Crisis is over, I'm really glad that they're making their displeasure known.

I mean, dude, they're a bunch of grown women who in their millenia-long lifespan have all collectively raised a grand total of two children (I'm presuming Donna counts again). I'm trying to imagine the kind of hell my mother and aunt would raise if *I* got some sort of trouble like this. (The idea by the way is terrifying). There is NO WAY the Amazons would let this sort of thing fly.

(Hmm, I wonder if Kara will get to play a part in this too. She did spend some time there after all...)

Though I really miss Hippolyta. She ought to be spearheading this charge. Heck, it'd make for fantastic conflict with the JSA too. And it's not like every other major death from OWAW hasn't been rectified. She's the chosen of gods which should really be more useful in this sort of situation.

I'm not sure what'll happen, though I doubt the Amazons will be terribly successful long term. After all, Diana appears to be cooperating with her own trial and probably wouldn't be terribly happy about all this chaos done in her name. But at least the show of sisterly/motherly/aunt-ly? solidarity is there. Which is really sweet.

Now if only they can get her comic out a bit more regularly. :-)

4 Comments:

  • At March 03, 2007 9:56 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Yeah, I'm looking forward to it as well. I'm rather glad that they didn't just dump the whole idea of the island and the Amazons, and it's probably about time that they had some interaction with the rest of the world.

     
  • At March 03, 2007 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "She outright asked him, with lasso, if there was any way to stop him."

    And it's not like there hasn't been a storyline that completely revolved around the idea that there could be more then one truth at any one time. What? JLA: Golden Perfect? Bah, I say, bah!

     
  • At March 03, 2007 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I should add I was trying to be funny/sarcastic in the last post.

    Not dismissive.

    I hope that worked.

     
  • At March 03, 2007 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    While I'm really happy about the return of the Amazons (and their Queen, hopefully!) to the regulat DCU, there's one line in an interview with Will Pfeifer that makes me feel very ambivalent about this:
    "100.000 Amazons appear in Washington out of nowhere and just start killing innocent people." That is NOT the Amazon way! They're noble, honour bound warriors, not savage, murdering monsters.
    An actual Amazon invasion should begin with their army appering in front of the biggest military base in the US and one of their heralds exclaiming something like: "The grat nation of Themiscyra has declared war on these United States! Now come out and face us like true warriors!" (followed by the utter annihilation of each and every american soldier.)

    Ps: When that one Amazon in the previews says "She wants his head on a stake", who is she actually talking about? Allen Heinberg or Dan DiDio? :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home